"An exchange student from the human world. Known as the wise one, he is the most powerful sorcerer who can command 72 demons."
Solomon is one of the two humans, along with MC, sent to take part in the exchange program. He is first introduced in Lesson 2-2. It is later revealed that he made a pact with Asmodeus and possesses the magical powers to summon him prior to MC's attempt. He's also made a pact with Barbatos.
Solomon has layered, whitish silvery hair with bangs that curl toward the left, blue and brown gradient eyes, and a fair complexion.
RAD UniformSolomon wears the standard RAD Uniform with the uniform's belt looped around on his side. Both his jacket and green collared shirt are buttoned fully and he wears a white to blue gradient bolo tie.
Casual AttireSolomon wears a black long-sleeved shirt with a mock turtleneck, black pants with a black belt, and a black and blue gradient cape with white speckles and metallic gold trimming, black shoulder pads, and a white stole with metallic gold diamond-linked chains.
Human World LookSolomon wears a black dress shirt, over a mock turtleneck, light black pants with black belt, black shoes, a beige trench coat, and has on three necklaces of different lengths; the first two have diamond-shaped and circular with ring pendants.
Solomon presents himself as confident and knowledgeable. Despite presumably only arriving in the Devildom recently, he exudes confidence in his actions and seems to understand most of what goes on in the school. His confidence may also be a result of his magic, which is said by Lucifer to be quite powerful.
When first meeting him, he already knows MC's name and can come off as somewhat arrogant. Being the other human exchange student, it is understandable that he would wish to build a good rapport with his human associate.
He also enjoys cooking and often likes to give out his food to the demon brothers and his roommates, much to their dismay. He doesn’t seem to be aware of how they hate his cooking.
- His Devilgram username is "monSOLO".
- He's expressed interest in making pacts with Belphegor and Lucifer (the latter especially), though both of them refused.
- Mammon is the only demon he doesn’t want to enter a pact with, as revealed in one of his Homescreen interactions.
- He has a magical ring imbued with wisdom, which was given to him by Michael.
- The magic ring, often identified as "Solomon's seal", was also mentioned in 1001 Nights.
- Despite this, a ring isn't shown on his hands. This could be a developer's error, or Solomon keeps his ring hidden.
- His cooking is atrocious to the point wherein it makes Beelzebub stop eating, although Solomon can eat his own cooking comfortably.
- He shares this trait with Mycroft Holmes from Guard Me, Sherlock.
- The name "Solomon" is originally from Hebrew. It means "Man of Peace".
- The Hebrew spelling of his name is שְׁלֹמֹה (Shlomo).
- He's likely based on the biblical figure King Solomon, who was the king of Israel from about 970 to 931 BCE.
- His traits are largely based on Jewish, Qur'anic, and Arabic traditions and lore.
- In Lesson 8-17 Hard, Asmodeus was aware of Solomon's cooking and made sure to avoid his dishes. It was also the first time that everyone (except Lucifer, Diavolo, and Barbatos) ate his cooking.
- In Lesson 23-5, he reveals that it is his second time visiting the Celestial Realm.
- In Lesson 36-C, Solomon admits that he doesn't remember his age. He mentions that after 200 years or so humans begin to forget how old they actually are.
From Devilgram Stories
- In Guided by Desire, it's confirmed he has pacts with seventy-two demons in total.
- In the Devilgram for Mysterious Phenomena, Solomon's ring allows him to understand animals.
- This is based on the narrative in the Qur'an where God granted Suleiman (Solomon) with the ability to understand animals.
- In Make Solomon Cry!, he is revealed to like the taste of creampuffs filled with wasabi.