All smiles are nothing but an act. The cynical fourth-born.
"Usually very rational and frank, but once you anger him you better run for your life. He hates Lucifer and is going through a rebellious phase."
Satan is the Avatar of Wrath and is the 4th oldest and physically the youngest among the seven demon brothers. He is one of the main characters in Obey Me! One Master to Rule Them All that is involved in the intimacy system of the game; therefore, users can interact and raise their relationship with him.
Satan has layered blond hair that's parted in the middle and green eyes with a yellow gradient. Like all of the demon brothers, he wears nail polish, his in the color green.
Satan's design was likely made to be the complete opposite of Lucifer's. He has blond hair and green eyes, while Lucifer has black hair and red eyes; his pose is a mirrored version of Lucifer's; his horns look somewhat like an upside down version of Lucifer's.
Satan and Mammon are the only brothers whose final design didn't change in the concept arts.
Although he is the Avatar of Wrath, Satan conducts himself in a composed manner. In the Devilgram Why Do People Love Cats, he's shown to be very good at meeting new people and building connections with them. He's sensible, quick-witted, and usually the voice of reason between the brothers until he comes into conflict with Lucifer.
Born from Lucifer's wrath, this bond and influence were both undesirable for Satan. This fueled his hate and rebellious attitude towards Lucifer so much that he is willing to go out of his way just to oppose his older brother. When truly angered, Satan can be harsh and unforgiving. He also has a tendency to overthink things.
Satan has a love for knowledge, evident from the overflowing book collection he owns spanning across various topics and an appreciation for the fine arts. This may be, in part, related to his belief that knowledge can bring respect. He seems to look down upon manga, but when Levi replaces his book with manga as a prank in his Devilgram Trick Quest, Satan reads it all and admits he might have been too critical about manga.
He also loves dramas of all kinds, especially detective ones. As he is a fan of them, he's also shown great skill in analyzing situations. His skills are comparable to that of a detective's and his deductions are often spot-on.
- He absolutely loves cats, as evidenced in the Main Story as wells as numerous Devilgrams, chats, and several of his outfits.
- In Issue 5 of the RAD Newspaper, Satan is declared a fan of classical music, particularly symphonies.
- According to the Which Are You? chat, Satan prefers chunky red bean paste over smooth because it has more bite to it.
- One of his favorite shows is "The Mid-Fall Murders", which is a television show from the Guard Me, Sherlock game.
- This is likely a parody of the real-life television series, Midsomer Murders.
- According to him in the Who's Your Type? chat, his type is "someone whom [he] has a mutual understanding with when it comes to [his] anger."
Satan is the only brother who wasn't originally an angel. After the Great Celestial War, Satan was "born" after Lucifer tore off two of his own wings, a result of his anger towards his Father1. He retained all of Lucifer's memories — which are his only direct connection to Lilith — but he was nothing but the embodiment of the emotion wrath.
Shortly after his birth/creation, the Demon King placed him as the fourth-oldest brother based on his power. The brothers "raised" him, with Lucifer having the most influence on him, albeit not in the most positive ways.
He's at first ignored when Lucifer started introducing his brothers. When introduced, Lucifer implies that looks can be deceiving and that Satan may seem like a responsible demon however only at first glance. He continues that Satan may give a smile such as that but warned MC to be careful for it is all an act.
Before the fuss about Mammon having made a pact with MC, he along with his brother, Asmo, are seen to be playing cards with Solomon with the sorcerer appearing to have the upper hand. After a round, Solomon asks Asmodeus and Satan why they always put down Mammon. He wonders if they shouldn't be a bit more respectful to him, since he is their older brother. Satan ignores Solomon's questions and relays the news that MC was able to make a pact with Mammon.
[Missing details on Lesson 3, please add!]
In Lessons 9 to 11, Satan eventually softens up to Lucifer after a series of events and is entrusted to deliver a speech on Lucifer's behalf.
[Please note that this section is incomplete and has little information for the time being]
Satan shares a complicated relationship with Lucifer. Being born from Lucifer's anger, Satan spent a lot of his life trying to become his own person and detach himself from Lucifer as much as possible. He dislikes being compared to Lucifer or cooperating with him, though when it comes down to it, they can work together efficiently, as shown in The Escorts's devilgram story. Satan often thinks up pranks, curses or ways to annoy Lucifer, but they turn out to be unsuccessful most of the time as Lucifer seems to be always one step ahead of him.
Through Lesson 9-12, where he swaps bodies with Lucifer accidentally, his feelings about Lucifer seem to change a bit. His perspective further changes after he meets with Lucifer back when he was still an angel in season 3. Furthermore, Asmodeus mentions on several occasions that Satan actually likes and looks up to Lucifer. Despite that, however, he still continues to come up with ways to prank or annoy Lucifer.
- In Lesson 39-4, after Lucifer recovered from his memory loss, Satan had clearly been concerned for his well-being, but denied it when Asmodeus brought it up.
- When teaching Seductive Speechcraft to MC in Lesson 29-7, Satan was easily seduced by them when they meowed cutely.
- This happens again in Lesson 46-7 if MC chooses to put on cat ears to battle Satan in the RPG Devil's Quest. He was easily seduced and took damage from it.
- While in the Celestial Realm in Lesson 51-9, Simeon gave him the false name Sully, after which his brothers, not knowing his true identity, began calling him Sully Dear.
- He complains in one of his home screen interactions that he's never managed to beat Lord Diavolo at chess.
- However, it's implied that he wins a game against Diavolo in Lesson 56-12.