"The impeccable butler who follows Diavolo around as if he were his shadow. His ability is to see both the past and the future."
Barbatos is Lord Diavolo's loyal servant. He is first introduced in Lesson 2-13 along with Simeon and Luke. He is one of the main characters in Obey Me! One Master to Rule Them All that is also involved in the intimacy system of the game, therefore, users can interact and raise their relationship with him.
Barbatos has short dark green hair with bangs reaching his eyebrows. The fringe on his left is longer, reaching his nose and has a turquoise ombre. Like all the other demons, Barbatos has painted fingernails. Barbatos's nails are a mauve purple color.
Barbatos has a very calm demeanor, although he does enjoy lightly teasing other people. He is nice towards MC and often saves leftover sweets he bakes for them.
Barbatos takes his position as a butler very seriously. He even teaches the demon brothers intricacies about his job in the Demon de Butler event. The demon brothers believe that Barbatos could do anything, thus resulting in them frequently seeking out his help.
While typically exuding a calm demeanor, Barbatos seems impartial to being interrupted when speaking about something he is passionate about, even going so far as to throw a fork at Mammon's head for speaking over him. According to Little D. No. 2, Barbatos's smile remains in place even when he is angry. Some of the demon brothers think that Barbatos is shady and scary. Mammon in particular is convinced that Barbatos has a hidden room in the Demon Lord's Castle where he partakes in the act of torturing people, as he brings up in Lesson 6-19.
Barbatos has many talents, but he's best known for his cooking skills. According to Luke, Barbatos is the greatest pastry chef in all of the three worlds (Devildom, Celestial Realm, Human World). As in all things, Barbatos takes cooking very seriously and will go to greater lengths than most to achieve perfection. This is evident when he mentions to MC in his Devilgram The Secret Dish that he visits the local port market three times a day to purchase ingredients.
Despite appearing perfect at nearly everything, Barbatos has a great deal of difficulty as an actor in the Devilgram Just Be Yourself!, as he has never acted before.
- In the chat Surprising Taste, Barbatos states that he likes heavy metal music.
- Barbatos is a lover of tea, and according to Lord Diavolo in the Devilgram A Fellow Tea Enthusiast, Barbatos is a "walking tea encyclopedia."
- He mentioned in the Devilgram Let's Go Stargazing! that he enjoys taking walks at night.
- Beelzebub mentions in the chat Barbatos's Weakness that Barbatos does not like rats.
- In the chat What's Going On?, Asmodeus sends a photo of Barbatos "frozen in fear" upon finding a rat at the House of Lamentation.
- One of Barbatos's phone calls is also associated with rats.
- In the Devilgram All Because of That, Barbatos refers to the rat as a "you-know-what" and says hearing the name makes his skin crawl.
- According to the chat The Fragrance of Tea, Barbatos tells MC that due to the nature of his job, he's never had much interest or desire to wear perfume.
- In the chat An Irresistible Tail 2, it's implied that Barbatos usually does not like when people touch his tail.
- According to the chat Cute Barbatos, Barbatos was once provoked into fighting a witch after she called him a cutie.
B's Log Surveys
March 2022 Issue
Translated by: Joye0627
- Personal Survey
- Barbatos's motto is "To be selfless and to serve the public."
- The daily day section is to confirm Lord Diavolo's schedule for the next day before going to bed.
- He starts his baths with his right arm.
- His future dream is to see the Young Master become the next Demon King.
- If the Devildom disappears tomorrow, he wants to hear from Lord Diavolo first.
- Love Survey
- Barbatos is not the active one when it comes to love, but he "wants to be bound by his lover."
- He cherishes relationship anniversaries and special dates of remembrance.
- For relationships with obstacles, his choice is to simply give up.
- He won't have days when he can't sleep thinking about the person he likes.
- Barbatos chose "other" for the question "unable to express his feelings frankly."
- His explanation was that there might be situations where he might not necessarily tell a significant other his feelings.
Note: this section may include spoilers
Barbatos mentions in the chat That's What I Mean that he was never a child. He has the power to see the past and the future, and is able to choose from multiple realities whichever one he prefers to become the sole reality. He can accomplish these feats by opening doorways to any time and place, including the Human World and the Celestial Realm. Lord Diavolo expressly forbids him from using his power freely.
He admits to MC in The Legendary Dame Devilgram that he was once a Dame at Queen Rose's banquet. He was considered so beautiful that it caused an uproar, and piles of fan mail was delivered daily to the Demon Lord's Castle. From then onward, he swore to never be a Dame again.
Main Story and Events
In Lesson 2-A, it is revealed that Barbatos is in a pact with Solomon. In Lessons 49-A, Barbatos admits to making his pact with Solomon before the sorcerer had his pact with Asmodeus. Through the use of his powers, he also knew that Solomon would form a pact with Asmodeus before it actually happened. He's the only demon currently known to have pacts with other humans, but not with MC.
In one of his dialogues when given Revelation Tomatoes, Barbatos mentions occasionally supervising fan club meetings for the student council members. Asmodeus confirms this when also given Revelation Tomatoes, saying that Barbatos showed up to one of his fan club's meetups.
In Lesson 53, Solomon reveals that he possesses Barbatos's grimoire, which Barbatos says he trusted Solomon with of his own free will. In Lessons 54, whether Barbatos actually gave Solomon his grimoire or not is put into question when he admits the grimoire given to MC was a fake.
In Lesson 74-2, it is revealed that Barbatos can also open a portal to the dream world.
Note: this section may include spoilers
It seems Barbatos and Lucifer have mutual respect for one another, although Barbatos occasionally jokes about Lucifer. In some instances, he is shown being concerned over Lucifer's well-being. When Diavolo requested that Lucifer doesn't work himself too hard, Barbatos agrees with Diavolo's statement and presents an image MC took of Lucifer, overworked, to help Diavolo persuade Lucifer to get some sleep.
Barbatos is very loyal to Lord Diavolo and wishes to serve him well. Diavolo has complained that sometimes Barbatos is too harsh on him, but the demon brothers describe him as overprotective of Diavolo.
He also shows extreme patience for Diavolo, as evidenced in The Fantastic Three(3) chatroom interactions. He is usually calm and collected and agrees with almost everything Diavolo says.
Barbatos is friendly towards Luke, teaching him how to make pastries as seen in chats, and they often bake treats together. On many occasions, Barbatos gives Luke advice for cooking, such as recommending him better baking powder brands.
|Looking to chat about Barbatos? Visit the wiki's Discussions page.|