"The impeccable butler who follows Diavolo around as if he were his shadow. His ability is to see both the past and the future."
Barbatos has short dark green hair with bangs reaching his eyebrows. The fringe on his left is longer, reaching his nose and has a turquoise ombre. Like all the other demons, Barbatos has painted fingernails. Barbatos's nails are a mauve purple color.
Barbatos wears a dark, white trimmed tailcoat with teal to black ombre frills on the cuffs and right shoulder. This coat is fastened together over a triangular geometric undershirt by a delicate gold chain wrapped around the last two buttons.In this form he has a forked tail and has two wing-like horns.
RAD UniformBarbatos wears RAD Uniform, but his top is a six-buttoned tailcoat. Under it, he wears a turquoise dress shirt with a wingtip collar and dark green tie. Instead of a belt, he wears a white cummerbund. Barbatos also sports white gloves, but it's confirmed that he has purple nail polish.
Human World Look
Barbatos has a very calm demeanor, although he does enjoy lightly teasing other people. He is nice towards MC and often saves leftover sweets he bakes for them. He is very loyal to Lord Diavolo, and wishes to serve him well. Diavolo has complained that sometimes Barbatos is too harsh on him. The demon brothers describe him as overprotective of Diavolo.
He also shows extreme patience for Diavolo, as evidenced in "The Fantastic Three(3)" chatroom interactions. He is usually calm and collected and agrees with almost everything Diavolo says. He never displays much emotion and often comes across as sarcastic.
Barbatos is also relatively friendly towards Luke, teaching him how to make pastries as seen in chatrooms, and they often bake treats together. On many occasions, Barbatos gives Luke advice for cooking, such as recommending him better baking powder brands. As for Lucifer, Barbatos often turns to him for advice on better serving Diavolo.
It seems Barbatos and Lucifer have mutual respect for one another, although Barbatos occasionally jokes about Lucifer. In some instances, he is shown being concerned over Lucifer's well-being. When Diavolo requested that Lucifer doesn't work himself too hard, Barbatos agrees with Diavolo's statement and presents an image MC took of Lucifer, overworked, to help Diavolo persuade Lucifer to get some sleep.
Barbatos takes his position as a butler very seriously. He even teaches the demon brothers intricacies about his job in the Demon De Butler event. The demon brothers believe that Barbatos could do anything, thus resulting in them frequently seeking out his help.
Once, he had been chosen for the role of Dame, meant for the accommodation and security of the Queen of Roses, and his fulfillment of the role became so popular that it brought a lot of letters to the House of Lamentation. This added to Diavolo's workload, so the position was subsequently taken over by Lucifer.
He also seems impartial to being interrupted when speaking about something he is passionate about, even going so far as to throw a fork at Mammon's head for speaking over him.
Some of the demon brothers, Mammon in particular, thinks Barbatos is shady and scary, and they are convinced he partakes in the act of torturing people.
- Barbatos has the power to see the past and the future, and is able to choose from multiple realities whichever one he prefers to become the sole reality.
- His name on Devilgram is "ButlerBarb".
- According to Issue 5 of the RAD Newspaper, Barbatos's tail is wet, but not slimy, and has a glistening appearance.
- Barbatos mentions in the chat That's What I Mean that he was never a child.
- In the chat Surprising Taste, Barbatos states that he likes heavy metal music.
- According to Mammon, Barbatos has a torture room where he tortures the enemies of Diavolo.
- According to Luke, Barbatos is the greatest pastry chef in all of the three worlds (Devildom, Celestial Realm, Human World).
- According to Little D. No. 2, Barbatos's smile remains in place even when he is angry.
- Barbatos is the only demon whose horns are wing-shaped.
- The group chat name for Barbatos and Simeon is Sweet Masters.
- According to the chat The Fragrance of Tea, Barbatos tells MC that due to the nature of his job, he's never had much interest or desire to wear perfume.
- Beelzebub mentions in the chat Barbatos's Weakness that Barbatos does not like (and is potentially afraid of) rats.
- One of Barbatos's calls is also associated with rats.
- According to a psychological test that Asmodeus taught Diavolo — who brings it up in the chat Behavior in Love — Barbatos "enjoys working hard for his loved one."
- In Lesson 16, Leviathan claims that Barbatos is the most powerful being.
- In Lesson 2-A, it is revealed that Barbatos is in a pact with Solomon.
- In Lessons 49-A, Barbatos admits to making his pact with Solomon before the sorcerer had his pact with Asmodeus.
- Through the use of his powers, he also knew that Solomon would form a pact with Asmodeus before it actually happened.
- He’s the only demon currently known to have pacts with other humans, but not with MC.
- In Lesson 53, Solomon reveals that he possesses Barbatos's grimoire, which Barbatos says he trusted Solomon with of his own free will.
- In Lessons 54, whether Barbatos actually gave Solomon his grimoire or not is put into question when he admits the grimoire given to MC was a fake.
- According to Barbatos in Lesson 58-A, he became Diavolo's butler after Diavolo lured him into the Demon Lord's Castle with the promise of rare cheshire cat grass tea. He then told him that he'd not allow Barbatos to leave until he agreed to be his butler.
From Devilgram Stories
- Barbatos mentions in The Secret Dish Devilgram that he visits the local port market three times a day to purchase ingredients.
- According to Lord Diavolo in the Devilgram for A Fellow Tea Enthusiast, Barbatos is a "walking tea encyclopedia."
- Barbatos is such an excellent skater that Lord Diavolo requested he take part in a Devildom-wide figure skating competition, as seen in the Devilgram for Skating and Sentiments.
- Despite appearing perfect at nearly everything, Barbatos has a great deal of difficulty as an actor in the Devilgram Just Be Yourself!, as he has never acted before.